There’s more to October than Halloween when it comes to creating your social media calendar. As the autumn weather finally sets in, October is a perfect picturesque time and makes for great travels. Whether you’re looking for ways to expand your personal account or trying to market your company’s social media, keep reading for some of our favorite social media holidays in October. Hashtag away!
October 2021 Social Media Holidays
- October 1: World Vegetarian Day – #WorldVegetarianDay; International Coffee Day – #InternationalCoffeeDay
- October 2: Day of Nonviolence – #InternationalDayofNonviolence; Name Your Car Day – #NameYourCarDay
- October 3: National Techies Day – #TechiesDay
- October 4: World Smile Day – #WorldSmileDay; World Animal Day – #WorldAnimalDay; National Taco Day – #NationalTacoDay
- October 5: World Teachers Day – #WorldTeachersDay; Do Something Nice Day – #DoSomethingNiceDay
- October 6: National Walk to School to Day
- October 8: National Hero Day – #NationalHeroDay
- October 9: National Chess Day – #NationalChessDay
- October 10: World Mental Health Day – #WorldMentalHealthDay
- October 11: National Coming Out Day – #NationalComingOutDay; International Day of the Girl – #DayOfTheGirl; Indigenous Peoples’ Day – #IndigenousPeoplesDay
- October 13: National Train Your Brain Day – #TrainYourBrainDay
- October 14: National Dessert Day – #DessertDay, #NationalDessertDay
- October 15: Global Handwashing Day – #GlobalHandwashingDay
- October 16: National Boss’s Day – #BossDay, #BossesDay; World Food Day – #WorldFoodDay, #FoodDay
- October 17: Eradication of Poverty Day – #EndPoverty
- October 20: World Statistics Day – #StatisticsDay; National Chicken and Waffles Day
- October 21: Get to Know Your Customers Day – #GetToKnowYourCustomersDay
- October 22: National Color Day
- October 23: National Make a Difference Day
- October 24: United Nations Day – #UNDay
- October 25: Greasy Foods Day – #GreasyFoodsDay
- October 26: National Pumpkin Day – #NationalPumpkinDay
- October 28: National Chocolate Day – #NationalChocolateDay
- October 29: NationalCatDay – #NationalCatDay
- October 30: Checklist Day – #ChecklistDay
- October 31: Halloween – #Halloween2021; #HappyHalloween2021
How to Use Social Media Holidays in Your October Content Calendar
Everyone loves spooky season, but there are so many great social media holidays in October that you can use to plan your October Instagram content! Days like National Pumpkin Day, National Dessert Day, and National Chocolate Day are great to highlight local restaurants or recipes on your own menu. Take a moment to share the love in your community with World Teachers Day, Bosses Day, or International Day of the Girl.
Definitely don’t miss out on Get to Know Your Customers Day on October 21. This day is a great way to encourage engagement from your customers and social media followers. Ask them to introduce themselves in the comments and respond genuinely to build up that relationship!
Whatever you do, don’t worry about trying to celebrate all of these October social media holidays. All the hashtags and national days in the world can’t guarantee you social media marketing success. Incorporate only those days that are meaningful to your business and your audience. Remember, quality content and intentional strategy will get you further than any “hack” will!
Need help with any part of your social media marketing strategy? That’s what Jetsetter Social is here for! We can help you come up with the perfect captions and content calendar, plus the beautiful content to go in it. Reach out today and get your social media content squared away faster than you can say “Hocus Pocus!”