September brings the beginning of fall, days of remembrance, the start of school (for some), and lots of fun holidays to celebrate with your social media followers. This list is full of national days and holidays to use in your social media marketing planning for September. Use the September Social Media Holidays Calendar to get inspired with new, trendy, and timely social media content ideas!
Travel and tourism companies, take special note of World Tourism Day on September 27!
September 2021 Social Media Holidays
- All Month Long: National Hispanic Heritage Month; World Alzheimer’s Month
- September 4: National Wildlife Day – #NationalWildlifeDay
- September 5: International Day of Charity – #CharityDay
- September 6: Read A Book Day – #ReadABookDay; Labor Day – #LaborDay
- September 8: International Literacy Day – #LiteracyDay
- September 9: National Teddy Bear Day – #NationalTeddyBearDay
- September 10: Stand Up to Cancer Day – #KissCancerGoodbye
- September 11: National Day of Service and Remembrance – #911Day #PatriotDay #DayOfServiceAndRemembrance
- September 12: National Day of Encouragement – #DayOfEncouragement; Civic Day of Hacking – #HackForChange; National Video Games Day – #VideoGamesDay; Grandparents Day – #GrandparentsDay
- September 14: Live Creative Day – #LiveCreativeDay
- September 15: Online Learning Day – #OnlineLearningDay
- September 19: International Talk Like A Pirate Day – #TalkLikeAPirateDay
- September 21: International Day of Peace – #PeaceDay; Minature Golf Day – #MiniGolfDay; World Alzheimer’s Day
- September 22: Car-Free Day – #CarFreeDay; Hobbit Day – #HobbitDay; Fall Begins – #FirstDayOfFall #1stDayOfFall; American Business Women’s Day – #AmericanBusinessWomensDay
- September 26: European Day of Languages – #EDL2021
- September 27: World Tourism Day – #WTD2021 #WorldTourismDay; National Scarf Day – #NationalScarfDay
- September 28: World Rabies Day – #WorldRabiesDay; National Good Neighbor Day – #GoodNeighborDay
- September 29: National Coffee Day – #NationalCoffeeDay #InternationalCoffeeDay; National Women’s Health and Fitness Day – #FitnessDay
- September 30: International Podcast Day – #InternationalPodcastDay
How to Use September Holidays in Social Media Marketing
This September is full of great social media holidays to use for your hospitality and tourism brands. Starting with World Tourism Day on September 27, this is a great day to acknowledge the impact that tourism has on your destination and how grateful you are to have people come and visit all of your local businesses.
American Business Women’s Day offers an opportunity to highlight women-owned local businesses.
Try posting a list of fun fall festivities on the first day of fall to really get travelers in the mood!
Whatever you do, don’t feel the need to post for every single one of these September social media holidays. Use only a couple per month that are relevant to your business and audience.